Metal Building Systems Erector
Canadian Borealis Construction is now hiring registered apprentices and experienced Journeyman Metal Buildings System Erectors.
Working under the direction of a MBSE Superintendent, the MBSE will assist in the assembly and erection of pre-engineered metal buildings and sometimes perform reconstructive work on existing structures.
- Complete daily hazard analysis cards
- Read blueprints and specification to lay out the work
- Unload and stack steel units so each piece can be hoisted as needed
- Position steel units, align holes and insert bolts
- Rigging of building material as required
- Erect structural and architectural metal components for buildings, and other structures
- Assemble and erect pre-fabricated metal structures
- Installation of various insulation for roof and wall applications
- Abide by OH&S regulations.
- Ability to work at heights
- Experience installing architectural panels and insulated metal panels, as well as installation of various steel members is an asset.
- The ability to read / interpret blue prints
- Ability to use proper lifting techniques to lift items weighing in excess of 25 kilograms
- Willingness to travel to various work sites, including out of town work
- Ability to work in all types of weather for extended periods
- Must be punctual and safety oriented
- Have own transportation and valid driver's license
Training / Education:
- Must be a registered apprentice, an Alberta-certified journeyperson, or hold a valid recognized credential.
- CSTS version 9
- OSSA Fall Protection
- The Metal Building Systems Erector will work on various construction projects throughout Alberta and northern Canada.